If you’ve made it this far, woo hoo, because today I will be talking about all the skincare products that I’m loving for the last few months and how it’s helped my skin. A lot of bloggers have been raving about Tula and Kopari so I went ahead and gave their products a try. I will go into what has worked for me, what I did and did not love. Please note that this blog post is not sponsored by Tula or Kopari in any way, all opinions are of my own.
First off, I don’t have great skin as a 30 something mom. 🙁 I probably had the best skin when I was a teenager (never suffered from acne). After I had Nadia, my skin got worse. I ended up with hyper pigmentation and started getting acne irregularly. I blamed it on the stress, after all watching 2 kids, working a full-time job and managing a home must be doing some damage to my skin right? So one day around 6 months ago, I woke up and stood in front of my mirror and I had, had enough. I was hiding my face behind makeup and it was just making my acne worse, my confidence was going down, my hyper pigmentation screamed at me and my dark circles were here to stay.
Like you, I googled for articles on how I could combat my acne and what could help me get clearer skin, watched youtube videos of women who had fought this battle and had won. Finally after doing some research and wanting as little chemicals on my face as possible, I turned to Tula. I developed a routine over the last 6 months and this has really helped clear up my skin. My skin has not completely cleared up and I still wear makeup (because it boosts my confidence) but the following products have made a great change to my skin. I am not wearing any makeup in the pictures above, however 6 months ago I would have hesitated to face the camera without a little makeup on.
Here’s my daily routine:
- I start my mornings with a quick rinse. On some days I like to wash my face with the exfoliating treatment mask.
- After I shower, I put on the Illuminating Face Serum (fights hyper pigmentation) followed by Acne Clearing gel (fights and prevents acne) and the Glycolic resurfacing gel (helps reduce my acne scars).
- I put on some sunscreen on top of all of that and then do my makeup.
I remove all of my makeup. This is very very important. I normally do this around 3 hours before bedtime. I like to shower in the morning and evening, so I remove all my makeup right before I shower around 7pm. This is because I like my skincare products to sink into my skin 3 hours before I go to sleep.
- I start with the Kopari Coconut Cleansing Oil to remove all my makeup. Although this removes most of it, I like to use a makeup remover wipe to target any spots I may have missed.
- Once I am done cleansing, I apply the Coconut Rose Toner which has helped reduce redness on my face left by acne scars followed by the Coconut face cream.
- And then I put on some lip gloss (which smells soooo good). My husband even said he felt like eating my lips when he saw me wearing this gloss LOL. Someone was clearly hungry 🙂
Other Tula and Kopari Products I love
Hydrating day and night cream: This stuff smells great and makes you skin baby soft.
Dual Phase Skin Reviving Pads – a MUST HAVE!!! These give you mini facials and are so worth it! I glow after using this pad and it saves me a trip to the spa. I use it every sunday.
Coconut Crush Scrub – This stuff smells amazing and I loved their trial version. I plan to order the bigger size once I am done with my current scrubs 🙂
Tula products I’m not a fan of:
Overnight skin rescue cream – this stuff smells pretty bad. (like spoilt yogurt) So I never wanted to use it.
Shop all the beauty products below
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hoped this helped you in some way. I plan to try more Tula products in the coming months (their eye creams) and I will be writing another blog post on my experience combating dark circles very soon! xoxo