Technically, my first 4 barre classes. 🙂 I am definitely addicted! I’ve tried Soul Cycle, Zumba, Yoga and Pilates and I feel Pure Barre is my favorite of them all. I’ll explain my pros and cons so you can decide for yourself if this workout is for you. This post is not sponsored by Pure Barre in any way. All opinions are of my own.
Lets start with what I dislike:
- Nothing at all really. The only thing I didn’t prepare myself for, was how sore I was for a few days after my first class. My entire body was in pain, so if you are not used working out regularly, be prepared to be sore. Do not schedule your first few classes back to back, you may not be able to go.
- If you are looking for lockers or a bathroom to shower, they don’t have it at the location I go to. Not sure about the others.
- Their website needs a makeover, I find it hard to use at times, and need to stumble and refresh to confirm that I’ve scheduled classes.
What I love:
- The first month has unlimited classes for just $99.
- The workouts do make you sweat and you walk out feeling satisfied.
- If you have always wanted to learn ballet, this is something you will love 🙂
- The music and teachers are awesome and they motivate you to fix any moves that you may be doing wrong.
- If you have socks that have a grip and some workout clothes you are good to go
- Many classes to choose from to fit your schedule which I love
- If you are looking to get lean and not bulk up, this is for you.
Why not Yoga, Zumba, Pilates or Soul Cycle. I feel like every workout is different, Yoga had a ton of meditation that I was not looking for. Pilates was perfect in that sense, but I couldn’t find classes that fit my schedule. Zumba is also lots of fun, but I couldn’t find as many locations close to me that teach at times I can go to. Soul cycle was just not for me, being strapped to a cycle for an hour in a dark room made me a little claustrophobic. So Pure Barre it is 🙂
Let me know if you have any other questions by leaving a comment and I’d be happy to answer. Thanks for stopping by!! xoxo