Let’s face it. We all have good days and bad days. On some days we wake up feeling happy, refreshed and everything goes according to our plan and on other days you wish you just stayed in bed. A lot of how I feel on any day depends on first world problems. Is my hair okay? Am I sick or bloated from eating too much the previous night? Do I see another acne on my face? Do I have a busy day ahead at work? Starting to work on a new project? Or presenting something to a lot of people? Is there enough time to exercise and keep up with my goals of getting in that summer bikini? Am I insta ready? ( aka have content to post on my blog? ) Did the cat eat his meal? ok ok maybe not that.
Some Ways of dealing with the Stress
- Plan for the week – The planning does not have to be elaborate, you don’t need to maintain a laundry list of things you want to do everyday. But knowing what you want to do on some days will help. And example could be : I want to shoot blog photos on Wednesday and Friday mornings at 8:30am this week and figuring out what outfits and locations you want to take the pictures at.
- Take a walk – take a walk by the lake or in your neighborhood in the evenings after work can be very refreshing.
- Listen to some light music – I like to listen to feel good music and usually stay away from emotionally heavy songs when I’m stressed. One of my favorites is ‘Put yours records on, by Corinne Bailey Rae‘
- Take a bubble bath or even just a good ol’ shower – I reflect on my entire day during my shower. Recently as I was driving back from work a driver who was behind me acted on some crazy road rage. He was coming way too fast behind me (upwards of 95 mph) and I wanted to let him pass, but he taunted me for more than a mile by tailgating me even after I had changed lanes. I finally managed to take my exit and after reaching home I took a long shower which helped calm my nerves down.
- Write down your thoughts – make a list things that stressed you out and how you can better deal with them. If you got a hair cut and you hated it, don’t be stressed, just find a different salon the next time and make sure to read reviews before you go.
A happier you in few steps
- Stop comparing yourself to others – We don’t live in a perfect world. The pictures you see on facebook or instagram have stories behind them, are mostly real people dealing with real problems no matter how perfect their pictures seem to be, how many likes or comments they receive, it’s someone’s real life. And that is never perfect. My moods show up in my pictures. If I’m having a not so happy day, my pictures speak it all. Even if my followers are not sensitive enough to notice it, I can look back at pictures and recollect days where I wasn’t feeling my best.
- Don’t let others be the judge of you – you know yourself better than anyone else, so don’t let others drive you to become who you are unless they are helping you become a better version of yourself.
- Stay away from negative people – surround yourself with positivity and you will automagically be happy
- Smile – You might be helping another person get through a bad day.
- Simply choose to be happy – Wake up to happiness and your day is already off to a great start.
I hope some of these tips have helped you today. Follow me on instagram if you don’t already 🙂
Shop the post
I’m wearing a size 2, the maxi dress was a perfect length for me. I am 5’5 in height and weigh 120 lbs.